This competition is about making a "human capital investment" by developing the valuable skills needed for today's marketplace as well as offering the city’s youth the opportunity of being part of the City’s revitalization. This event is designed to increase Hartford youth participants' awareness of entrepreneurial/business opportunities, management/business skills, and e-commerce and technological capacities.
Cash prizes, cool web resources, a chance to meet other students interested in entrepreneurship, recognition and awards are just some of the features of this competition.
Completed on-line business plans are due by February 22th 2007, Students will be invited to present their plans to entrepreneurs on Sunday, March 4th, and the awards ceremony will take place in March 5th.
What's in it for students?
- Learn about business development and planning
- Meet with other students and future business mentors
- Be a part of the cutting edge - future young entrepreneurs
- Be recognized for your business smarts
- Attend a wrap-up event with other participants
- Win great prizes
- Specially developed resources to enhance entrepreneurship or business studies
- Recognition for your school team's efforts
- A networking and learning opportunity for like-minded educational professionals
- A chance to help Hartford youth explore their options!