1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a 10x12 inch pan with greased parchment
3. Process the almonds in a food processor by pulsing on and off until a fine almond meal is formed. Pour the almond meal into a dry mixing bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, sea salt and spices and whisk to combine.
4. In a clean mixing bowl beat the egg s till light and fluffy; add the olive oil, light brown sugar, banana mash and vanilla. Beat well to incorporate.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mix and beat for 2 minutes.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 33 to 35 minutes until done. Check the center for doneness with a wooden pick. The cake should appear slightly golden brown at the edge, firm to a light touch.
7. Cook cake completely on a wire rack
8. This fragrant cake is very moist and slightly chewy from the almond meal. It’s lovely with tea for an afternoon snack. It freezes well for future snacking. Slice and wrap each piece in foil. Then store them in a freezer bag.