Laboratory Policies and Procedures
- All labs will be taken from your lab text, "Getting to
Know ArcGIS Desktop".
- The lab text comes with two CD's
- “Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop – Exercise Data
- ArcView 8.1 - 180 Day License for Students
- Check the computer requirements on the back cover of
your Lab Text to be sure you can load and use the software.
- If your computer is not capable of running the ArcView
8.1 software, then you will have to make arrangements with the College of
Engineering to have one of their computers made available.
- It is estimated that it takes 1 to 2 hours to complete
each chapter. Since each lab requires the completion of three chapters,
it will take from 3 to 6 hours each week to complete the labs and answer the
questions. Please plan
accordingly, so that the answers to each lab are
submitted at the same time and ON TIME.
- There are questions associated with each lab. You must frame your answers using WORD and
attach them to an e-mail
sent to the address provided. Do Not send
your lab reports to the instructor's e-mail!
- Each lab will be graded and returned via e-mail with
comments and a grade. You can view all grades on Blackboard.
Please Note: Due dates for
homework and labs will be adhered to strictly. Grades will be reduced by one
letter grade for each day late! Homework and labs are considered late if
submitted after 12:00 pm (midnight) on the date specified.