Are you New to Blackboard?
Blackboard is a Learning Management System. It provides you with a ready-made course template so you can put your courses online. You can:
- Post assignments
- Post grades (the online gradebook gives students access to their grades all semester)
- Create a repository for important course documents
- Receive assignments from students
- Send announcements to students
- Use E-mail; this is easy to do to any individual student or all students at once
It will also help you:
- Create anonymous in-course evaluations (called "surveys" in Bb) for student feedback at any time
- Teach interactively
- Communicate with your students using the Virtual Classroom - allows live office hours from anywhere, and group interaction, including graphics
- Teach using group projects – groups can meet online using chat and discussions
Your first step is to obtain a user account. A University of Hartford email account is required to use Blackboard. Visit the Information Technology Services department in the Computer Center building, room 113 to request an email account. Bring your University ID card and a current class schedule. 24 to 48 hours after requesting your email account, you will be able to log into Blackboard.
How Do I Login to Blackboard?
- Go to http://blackboard.hartford.edu , and select Login
- Username: Enter your University of Hartford email username
- Password: Enter the last 4-digits of your University ID
Note to Instructors: In order to access your Blackboard courses, instructor assignments must be registered in the Banner system. If you need help getting listed in Banner, please contact the Registrar's Office at 768-4594.