MIS Career and Job Links...
- ACM Career Opportunities:
Computer Science & IT
- Academic Position Network (APN)
- AJOBS-L: Academic Jobs
- Advertising, Marketing
and Brand Management Careers Job Positions
- The Board of Directors: An International
Directory of Curriculum Vitae Review professional profiles and available
positions for senior executive recruitment.
- Career and Job
Resources at the Library and on the Internet
- Career Links from CIO
- Career Opportunities
Home Page: CMU, GSIA
- CareerPath.com Contains Jobs, Employer
Profiles, HR Information, etc.
- Careers in Information
Systems Discussion List (CIS-L)
- Careers: Fortune 100
Direct links to Career Centers of Fortune 100 corporations.
- The Catapult on JobWeb
- The Chronicle of Higher Education:
Academe This Week
- CIO Magazine: CIO
Wanted: IT/IS Executive Positions
- Exec-U-Net (Executive Job Listings)
Subscription based. Illustrative information available without charge.
- Managing Your
Career: Getting Creative
- Grant and Contracts Support Information
- Higher Ed Jobs Online
- Hotjobs: Computers and
Technically Related Jobs
- InformationWeek Careers:
- JobHunt: A Meta-list of On-Line
Job-Search Resources and Services
- JobHunt: Academia Job Listings
- Jobtrak "Job seekers may search the
database 24 hours a day, post their resume online, and access a host of other
career resources including the JOBTRAK Career Forums, Job Search Manual, and
Guide to Graduate Schools."
- Institute of Management Consultants
- Management Consultant Network International
- International Directory of Management
- Management Consulting Online:
Covering Careers, Thought, Trends and Firms
- So You Want To Be A...
- MBA Central Matching 'fresh' and
experienced MBAs with recruiters.
- NACCB Online Job Board & Resume Bank
- PlugIn DATAMATION
Job Search Sites
- Recruiters Online Network: Searchable
Jobs and Resume Databases
- Robert Half: Career
- Techno MBA Knowledge
- Top 25 Electronic Recruiting
- Transaction Information Systems
Contract Programming and Consulting Positions
- Wall Street Journal: Careers.wsj.com
Searchable technical, professional, and management positions.
- Wet Feet Press:
Information Source for Job Seekers: MBAs
- Computerworld: IT
- What Color
Is Your Parachute: The Net Guide (Dick Bolles) Includes
Sites to Make Contacts, and
- Coping with or nticipating a Layoff In the Volatile Economy
- Careers in Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Career Issues Following the Sept. 11 Attacks
- What to Do When Your Company Faces Financial Difficulties
- Mine the Hidden Market for the Golden Career
- Career, Jobs and Salary Research for MBAs
- Career, Jobs and Salary Research for College Graduates
- Career Issues From Wall Street Journal Europe
- Career Issues From Wall Street Journal Asia
- Startup Research on Advice, Ideas, Financing, Technology and Running a Business
More Glory Days Ahead? (Davenport) In this article, Davenport
questions if glory days are over for the IS academia and IS practice.
His key concern seems to be the current overemphasis of IS professionals
on Technology and lesser emphasis on Information. He suggests that a
shift of this emphasis may bring back the glory days of IS.
- At The
CIO's Side: A CTO Increasing involvement of the CIO in the business
aspects is causing some organizations to hire Chief Technology Officers
to complement the technology aspects of the CIO's responsibilities.
- Battle among "Mega-Firm" Management
Consultants Read about the changing profile
of the management consulting firms. Prognosticators forecast ongoing
consolidation with the
entrance of smaller players, as well as, shift from the extant
cost-cutting focus toward growth
strategies. Also have a look at the Rankings of
the top management consulting firms.
the IS-Line Interface: The Role of the Relationship Manager (Subramani et
al.) This paper presents the results of an exploratory study that
analyzed how the 'Relationship Managers' are managing the relationship
between IS and Line groups.
- Skill Sets Needed to
Succeed in IT Results of three different surveys that identified
essential skill sets needed for succeeding in IS; business knowledge
and people skills topped the identified skills for all three
Care of Business (April 1997) Ernst & Young eighth annual executive
survey suggests that the top priority of most CIOs is aligning
the goals of business and IS... Is it deja vu all over again.
the information executives are needed to connect to the concerns of the
business and talk 'technology' in terms of business sense.
- Top Management &
Technology Topics for IT Executives Profile of top management and
technology issues for IT executives; critical traits and core
competencies of successful IT executives, etc.
Relationship Resolving the two perspectives and reconciling the two
views of IT and business.
- Weighing the
Nos and Cons (April 15, 1997) How to assess the investment decisions
about IT Projects? Some executives discuss the criteria they use for
assessing IT Project investments.
the Headhunter Comes Calling (Business Week, May 5, 1997) How to
handle a call from a headhunter; how to become visible; and what not to
do if you want to do any future business with the headhunter...