Financial Information

Teaching Internships

Graduate Overview

If you are accepted into our graduate program and plan to attend full time, you may apply for a Teaching Internship, awarded based on academic achievement, work experience, Graduate Record Examination scores, and letters of recommendation. Applicants with previous teaching and/or research experience will be given preference, but qualified candidates without such experience may also receive awards.

The Teaching Internship is a two-year program where graduate students gain skills in teaching and research using hands-on experience in the classroom and in research environments. Interns may teach laboratory sections of Introduction to Communication (CMM 110) or Improving Communication Skills (CMM 115), as well as assist faculty with research as part of their training. They will also attend weekly meetings with the teaching internship coordinator.

Teaching internships include a full academic scholarship and a stipend. They are awarded each academic year, for up to two years, provided a B or higher is earned in each graduate course taken and internship responsibilities are adequately performed.

To be considered for an internship, all application materials must be received by March 1.

Student Financial Assistance

Graduate student financial assistance through the University’s Office of Admission and Student Financial Assistance is limited to the Federal Family Education Loans programs and supplemental loan programs. Students must meet all eligibility requirements as established by the U.S. Department of Education. Visit The U.S. Department of Education websiteOpen link in a new window to request information about this program.

Graduate students may also consider applying for the Federal Stafford Loan, which is a low-interest educational loan that must be repaid. Students participating in the subsidized or unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan program must make their loans through a lender participating in this loan program. Lenders include banks, saving and loan associations, credit unions or other institutions. These loans are backed by the federal government and insured through a state or national guarantee agency.

For more financial aid information, contact or call (860) 768-4296. You can also get more information at the University of Hartford Graduate ResourcesOpen link in a new window home page.

Return to Graduate Program homepage