Alpha Sigma Phi Epsilon Lambda

Alpha Sigma Phi History

Alpha Sigma Phi was founded on December 6th, 1845 at Yale University by Louis Manigault (only 17 at the time), Stephen Ormsby Rhea, and Horace Spangler Weiser. These three men came together to form an organization which counts it's members in the thousands today.

Alpha Sigma Phi's existence has been threatened many times over the last 150 years. The fraternity still managed to pull through these hardships. Therefore, the official symbol of the fraternity is the Phoenix, the mythological bird that rises from its ashes.

Today, Alpha Sigma Phi is recognized as a fraternity of quality and stature. With over 60 chapters, colonies, and interest groups, and an active expansion effort, the Fraternity continues to offer meaningful services and opportunities to over 2,000 undergraduates and 40,000 living alumni.

 

Epsilon Lambda History


    Started by five men who wanted to have a different kind of fraternity, Alpha Sigma Phi before was Kappa Psi    Omega, by the original five Paul Brand, Jeremy Lutin, Marty Corbelli , Ramin Signh and Adam Babb.  Working together, they recruited 15 more men. Together they gain interest from the Alpha Sigma Phi nationals. Kappa Psi Omega became a colony of Alpha Sigma Phi.  After two years of hardships and struggles,  they became the Epsilon Lambda chapter of Alpha Sigma Phi, gaining their charter on October 12th, 2002 and become another strong institution to the University of Hartford community .

 

Now five years strong, Epsilon Lambda continue to upheld the morals of Alpha Sigma Phi and the founders of Epsilon Lambda.