(from off-campus add (860)768- to phone numbers)
- Student Telecom Help
Line - 7999
- Cable TV Help Line - 8999 (on-campus
Services - 4736
- E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail - Telecommunications,
University of Hartford, 200 Bloomfield Avenue, West
Hartford, CT 06117
- In Person - Computer Center,
Room 125, Mon-Fri
mission of the UofH Telecommunications unit is to plan,
operate and maintain the University's telephone, voicemail and
cable TV systems. These consist of:
Telephone systems (PBX's):
- Administrative, 1500 phones, Rolm CBX
9751, Model 40
- Residence, 2200 phones, Rolm CBX 9751,
- Asylum Avenue Campus, 245 phones, Rolm
CBX 9751, Model 10
- Administrative, 900 users, Rolm, 16
- Residence, 650 users, Rolm, 16
- Asylum Avenue Campus, 90 users, Rolm,
Cable TV system (managed
and operated by Media Technology Services):
View telephone network diagram (requires Internet Explorer with VML). Also
During peak periods, the
Telecommunications Unit technical staff sometimes receives more
requests for service than can be handled at once. When this
happens, we prioritize work according to its overall effect on
the safety and welfare of all members of the university community,
recognizing the special importance of telephone service to those
who reside on our campus.
- PBX systems and telephone cable
critical repair (multiple users affected).
- Public Safety dispatch office
- Residential telephone service repair. Residents
are responsible for their own telephone instruments.
- Voicemail systems critical repair (multiple
- Administrative telephone repair (faculty
- PBX and voicemail systems scheduled
maintenance and non-critical repair.
- Telephone moves, adds and changes. See
- Residential data network wiring and
outlet repair (for physical damage and wear only).
- Residential TV systems critical repair
(multiple users affected).
- Residential TV outlet and signal
repair. Residents are responsible for their own video
- TV outlet moves and adds. See
Please note: All
residential telephone, TV and data network outlet additions and
moves can be ordered only by the Office of Residential Life.
Individual residents may not order outlet changes directly from
Telecom. We urge those who have a special need to move or add
outlets to contact ORL for assistance. [Back to Student