Keep your memos concise, and emphasize important points. If possible, limit
the memo to one page; the longer the document, the less effective it will be.
- Are there slots for the writer’s name, the reader’s name, the
date and the subject?
- Does the text contain a brief statement of purpose in the beginning?
- Does the middle add more support?
- Does the end suggest the next course of action?
- Is the signature at the end, either initials or a full name, appropriate
for the intended audience?
- If any form of special notation is needed (enclosure notice, distribution
list, typist identification), has it been included after the signature?