College Intern Connection –Farmington, CT 2003- present
A start up program for the Governor’s Office For Workforce Competitiveness that matches exceptional college students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering and Finance with internships in Connecticut’s high tech companies. The program is part of a statewide strategic plan to improve Connecticut’s high technology workforce by creating a pipeline of skilled workers and to address the issue of “brain drain” in which many of Connecticut’s brightest students leave the state to pursue their career opportunities elsewhere. Responsible for recruiting, marketing, public relation, securing positions and matching students with internships.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Hartford, CT 1999-2002
Director of Community & Government Relations, 2001-2002
· Increased participation in business and academic groups, such as CT Technology Council, Connecticut Conference of Independent Colleges – CCIC, and the MetroHartford Chamber of Commerce, to deliver Rensselaer’s message and to straighten the ties between the University and the Greater Hartford region.
· Promoted the University with State, City, and community leaders to increase awareness of Rensselaer as a leader in technology by developing sustainable community programs that effectively address business, community and University needs through partnerships, mentoring programs and other collaborative efforts.
· Managed Summer Computer Camp for 50 neighborhood children. Responsible for curriculum, staffing, planning and fundraising to support six week enrichment program.
Director of Corporate Relations & Marketing, 1999-2000
· Expanded advertising program to deliver a stronger message to promote a positive image with a $300,000 budget, including newspaper, business press, radio and electronic media.
· Created a Public Relations Office to publicize University events and to develop favorable relationships with the media.
· Developed Communications Department as the professional group to communicate with the outside world and the proper channel to deliver news to the student body and alumni.
Gordon Associates – Farmington, CT 1987-2004
· Small advertising, graphics, and public relations firm responsible for sales and marketing promotions in the toy, consumer products, publishing, education and insurance industries.
· Extensive experience working with clients to identify marketing and public relations objectives and to develop solutions within the context of client needs and budget.
Coleco Industries – West Hartford, CT 1980-1987
Vice President, Creative Services, 1980-1987
· Responsible for all packaging and graphic requirements for the corporation. Managed a budget of 8.3 million dollars, an internal staff of 65 people and outside design groups.
· Interface with senior management and Marketing to translate input into finished products.
Director, Creative Services, 1980-1985
· Coordination and management of an in-house Art Department, including personnel, scheduling and purchasing.
· Established quality control standards and procedures to improve communications between outside vendors and internal corporate departments.
Wilson, Haight & Welch – Hartford, CT 1978-1980
Production and Traffic Manager
· Responsible for planning, quality control, purchasing and traffic flow of all advertising materials for the Hartford office of a large New England advertising agency.
Coleco Industries – Hartford, CT 1975-1978
Manager, Advertising Services
· Coordinated all advertising material including repro art, graphics, photography, separations, point-of-purchase to support sales efforts.
W.E.Andrews – Connecticut Offset, Inc. – Hartford, CT 1972-1975
· Handled customer contact, plant management, quality control. Planning and scheduling, personnel, estimating and billing, in a 1.3 million dollar per year printing environment.
W.E.Andrews – Woodland Publishing Co. – Bedford, MA 1971-1972
· Managed art department, specializing in design, typography, layouts and mechanicals for educational and non-profit markets
Wellesley Press – Wellesley, MA 1970-1971
· Layout and paste-up of trade magazines
Benwill Publishing Co. – Brookline, MA 1968-1970
Responsible for design, layout and production of several engineering magazines.
Flyer │ Home